Is Gyroscope following KYC?

In my Profile, Gyroscope gets my current location, and I don’t know is Gyro doing this for KYC or not?

32 Likes

gyro is a decentralized project and KYC is not decentralized…

21 Likes

Woww it’s exactly opposite of gyro I don’t think they do that :woozy_face: :woozy_face: :woozy_face: :woozy_face: :woozy_face: :woozy_face:

11 Likes

Hi Mhmd_Ndri! :grinning:
Following what the team already announced in Sybil resistance topic, they didn’t choose the solution yet. Therefore, It is not for KYC.

10 Likes

It seems that Discourse (the forum provider) represents your time zone based on your IP address. But I believe this is only represented to you. For instance, I can’t see anything about your location by viewing your profile.

In terms of Sybil resistance, there is an ongoing discussion in the community for what form this should take, and we have only provided possible avenues that could be taken at this time.

13 Likes

Discourse is great, many options and friendly

2 Likes

Hopefully not.
KYC is not a good idea when building a decentralized product :ok_hand:
@Mhmd_Ndri

9 Likes

could not agree more :+1: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes

Personally, I think that a decentralized protocol should use decentralized solutions to such problems, which is contrary to what you think.
We need a decentralized Web.3 authentication system here

4 Likes

Hi , I think best way to prevent cheating is still using Discord and this forum. In other word in Discord we can see who is active and who is not. The people who created different accounts can not handle two forums.
Finally I think KYC is against the sprit of DeFi.

4 Likes

I think so too, my friend :v: :wink:

2 Likes

No KYC.
We want decentralized project.

5 Likes

KYC is in conflict with the spirit of decentralization

9 Likes

It’s my question too. Hopefully they clarify.

3 Likes

I doubt it will be compulsory.

3 Likes

I have the same opinion.

3 Likes

Ty for replying!!!:wave::wave::wave:

3 Likes

We all in crypto want a decentralized world, as Satoshi’s dream! It’s not genius to ruin this by forcing to identify people!

4 Likes

Gyroscope deeply is a decentralized project and I think KYC is just a joke for that :))

2 Likes

It’s my question too.

2 Likes